Serving ChristNet...A Ministry of the Deacons
ChristNet is a ministry that provides temporary overnight emergency housing and other services to homeless men, women, and children. They offer a safe, secure sleeping space indoors, three meals per day, and a case manager who helps them access mainstream resources to restabilize their lives. ChristNet also fosters cooperation among churches and non-profit organizations to assist our brothers and sisters in God's family.
If you have any questions or want to help, please contact: Kerri Van, APPC ChristNet Coordinator at email@example.com.
Overnight ChristNet Coming March 17-24, 2024
ChristNet is back in the building - our Fellowship Building.
ChristNet is an emergency nighttime shelter and daytime warming center for men, women, and children. The mission of ChristNet is to provide temporary overnight emergency housing assistance and other services to homeless individuals. The ChristNet Shelter operates on a rotating basis, hosted one week at a time by various churches and community organizations throughout the Downriver and western Wayne County suburbs. The new Day Center provides meals, laundry, socks, underwater, and resources. We offer a hearty meal, a safe place to sleep, and warm fellowship.
This March, we are returning to our regular week of hosting the guests from ChristNet overnight in our Fellowship Building. We are seeking dinner hosts and overnight volunteers.
Meal Hosts: You can contribute in a way that suits you best - you can provide the entire meal, which includes the entrée, side dishes, appetizers, and dessert, or you can choose to give just a part of the meal, such as the entrée or the sides. Plan for 35-40 people. We provide the dinnerware and beverages. Every contribution, no matter how big or small, is greatly appreciated.
Overnight Volunteers: Volunteers who stay overnight in our Fellowship Building make this ministry possible. We have four shifts and it is imperative that we fill each slot. You can sign up for more than one shift per night. Sign up now
Shift 1: 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Shift 2: 9:00 PM to 12:30 AM
Shift 3: 12:30 AM to 4:00 AM
Shift 4: 4:00 AM to 7:0 PM
ChristNet Lunch Ministry (Bi-Monthly)
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of the homeless in our community? Do you want to share God's love and grace with them through a warm meal and a friendly smile? If so, you can join our ChristNet lunch team. We serve lunch at the ChristNet Daytime Warming Center in Taylor on the first and fourth Fridays of every month. We need your help with donations of food or funding. We also partner with the community and local food banks to provide nutritious and delicious food. If you wish to join us on a Friday or have something to share, please contact us: Click Here
Amazon Shopping List: Help us purchase needed items by shopping our our Amazon Gift Registry. Use shipping address ChristNet and your donations will be shipped directly to us!
How volunteering help you!
- Empathy and Understanding: Spending time with people from different walks of life can broaden your perspective and foster empathy. It can help you understand the challenges faced by the homeless community on a deeper level.
- Gratitude: It can make you more aware of your own privileges and blessings, fostering a sense of gratitude for what you have.
- Community Connection: Volunteering can strengthen your ties to the community and make you feel a part of something bigger. It’s a way of giving back and contributing to society.
- Personal Growth: The experience can challenge you and help you grow as a person. It can build resilience, problem-solving skills, and emotional intelligence.
- Meaning and Purpose: Helping others can provide a sense of purpose and meaning in life, which can contribute to overall happiness and satisfaction.